once i started thinking about today's top five, i sort of thought it lent itself to guilty pleasures. BUT i think guilty pleasures are more of the cringe-worthy feeling you get when someone finds out you like/enjoy said guilty pleasure. i don't necessarily cringe at loving these items, i just know that i shouldn't. moderation is key with these items, but i just can't help being head over heels in love with them.....even if i shouldn't be.
1. soda. OH HOW I LOVE YOU, soda. you can quench my thirst while in the car, or while at home. you have the ability to cure a monster hangover.....there is nothing quite like your bubbly self. i know i haven't seen much of you lately, as i'm drinking more water....but i still feel your presence when i go through any fast-food drive thru.
2. fast food. fast food....you have caused me nothing but trouble, yet i come back to you time and time again. you leave stains on my clothes, poundage on my hips and wrappers in my car. you are bad news, yet i love you so. i know that at each restaurant i have my favorites and that no matter which delicious option i choose, i will be satisfied.
3. programming on mtv. dear mtv...please stop putting awful, awful tv shows on that i become obsessed with. it makes me sound stupid to talk about love for the jersey shore and 16 and pregnant. perhaps it is i that should just change the channel?
4. swearing. I LOVE IT. and it's inappropriate. i just can't help it. that's why i have given it up for lent. and it's hard to give up something you love so much. hopefully the lord will appreciate this sacrifice!! :-)
5. dressing like a bum. i enjoy sweatpants....as soon as i get home, i take of my jeans (or other sort of pants) and put on comfy, cozy sweatpants (and no...not the tight leg-hole opening kind that the weird kid in middle school would wear). ahhhhh, the feel of fleece and flannel is so freeing. it's only a bad thing when i wear them when people are over! oops!!!!