Monday, March 23

inspiration.

i'm still feeling sort of down in the dumps about the disappointment at work. however, after talking with some people, and gaining a little perspective, i feel better about it. not a whole lot...but better in general.

today, whilst driving home, i heard a song on my alternative station (alt nation on sirius/XM...check it out, it rocks!) and while i have listened to the song (i am the greatest man that ever lived..by weezer) many times, because weezer is amazing, but i found a new meaning in the lyrics today.

"Somebody said all the worlds is stage,
And each of us is a player.
That’s what I’ve been tryin to tell you.
In Act 1 I was struggling to survive.
Nobody wanted my action dead or alive.
Act 2, I hit the big time.
And bodies be all up on my behind.
And I can’t help myself because I was born to shine.
And if you don’t like it, you can shove it.
But you don’t like it, you love it."

when i got to thinking about these lyrics, it made me feel a little better about my situation...here's why.

1. "each of us is a player." we all have our parts, and maybe i just haven't figured mine out just yet.
2. "act 1/struggling to survive." my first year teaching. seriously--survival mode.
3. "act 2/hit the big time." every year since then. year two was amazing-as is this year.
4. "i was born to shine." even though i'm bummed about my position next year, i know that i'll do a great job. i just have to say positive.

so, even though i was surprised to find inspiration in this song today, it reminded me that i can do anything...i just have to remain positive and find the good in all situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment